How and What to Recycle
- White and Pastel Colored Paper (No Neon!)
- Envelopes with Windows
- Manila Envelopes
- Post it Notes
- Glass Containers: all colors, including lids and tops
- Aluminum: Soda cans only (no foil or take out containers)
- Paper: Magazines, Newspaper, Paper-back books, empty paper cups
- Plastics: #1-#7; bottles with caps on, yogurt containers, utensils, lids
- Steel: Clean tin cans and empty aerosol cans
- Cardboard: (please breakdown boxes) pizza boxes
- Chipboard: cereal boxes, beverage container boxes
- Ink Toner Cartridges
- CDs/Floppy Discs
- Cell Phones
Soft-backed: Toss ’em in the commingled bin.
- Hard-backed: Call us for pickup!
- Rigid Plastics
The city of Greensboro now accepts several types of rigid plastics for recycling. Small items can be placed in commingled bins; call the OWRR for pickup of large items.
- Napkins and Paper Towels
- Plastic Wrap and Bags
– These can be taken to your nearest grocery store drop site for recycling.
- Hard-backed Books
– These cannot go in commingled, but we do accept them for reuse. We work with Better World Books to redistribute used hard-backed books; call us for a pickup or for more info.
Send alternative recycling items thru campus mail. For pick-ups call Ben Kunka at (336) 334-5192.
Alternative recycling bins can be found in your building’s CRL office.