8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
(on the day of sale)
Surplus Warehouse is an extension of the North Carolina Department of Administration. Its sole purpose is to handle disposal of all items within the University of North Carolina Greensboro. Surplus Warehouse and the Department of Administration holds the authority for determining the most appropriate disposal method for any and all property of UNC Greensboro.
Public Sales Dates
UNCG Public surplus sales have been cancelled until further notice, due to guidance related to meetings and travel from the University related to COVID-19. We will provide information for the next sale as soon as possible via Surplus group email announcements and, updating this webpage.
Note: We are creating listings as items become available to sell for bid on the state auction website. Pickups for awarded bids are by appointment only, and will adhere to a schedule to maintain as few people at the warehouse as possible. Masks that cover the nose and mouth are required for pickups. Customers will be expected to follow social distancing guidelines when picking up items purchased. We will provide updates as they become available. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Warehouse officials ask that customers keep the following points in mind while shopping:
- ❖ No sale previews will be available.
- ❖ We accept CASH only, no checks.
- ❖ Items are sold “as is where is” and all sales are final.
- ❖ Doors will open at 8:00 AM on Friday, the day of the sale.
- ❖ No labor will be furnished. Buyers must be prepared to carry the items they purchase.
- ❖ Smaller items must be picked up at the time of purchase.
- ❖ Pickup of larger items can be made for the following Monday 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
- ❖ Receipts and Item ID Tags will be checked at the door.
- ❖ Nothing will be sold after 11:00 AM the day of the sale.
Please be advised that the Greensboro City Police Department actively enforces parking regulations on the streets surrounding UNCG Warehouse Services. Follow these parking guidelines when attending our monthly Surplus Sales:
- ❖ Park with the flow of traffic.
- ❖ Park a minimum of 25 feet from all intersections.
- ❖ Park a minimum of 5 feet from either side of all driveways.
- ❖ Do not block fire hydrants.
- ❖ Do not park in reserved spaces at the South end of the Warehouse.